Welcome to the Virginia Hunting Preserve Association Website. Formed in 1988, it is the statewide association of growers and public and private hunting preserve operators. The goals and objectives of the association are:
- To educate the general public about private and public hunting preserves.
- To present a united front to counter adverse local and state legislation as it affects our industry.
- To initiate legislation favorable to growers and preserves.
- To keep abreast of the latest developments affecting game bird health.
- To counter misinformed and often erroneous propaganda put out by the various anti-groups.
- To promote an exchange of information among members relating to our industry.
- To hold periodic meetings to exchange practical hands-on experiences and ideas.
Value of Cooperation
It is a fact that common goals can be achieved by concerted action. The benefits to the individual members are directly related to the number of people in the Association. Membership in VHPA will put you in contact with other knowledgeable growers and preserve operators statewide for that is essential to success.
VHPA was at the forefront of Sunday hunting on preserves and extending the preserve season by two full months. The benefits to breeders and preserves are obvious. The Association also successfully lobbied and obtained legislation to eliminate the requirements to fence the boundaries of your preserve. Every day anti-hunting activists are trying to limit our freedom and discourage propagation and preserves. VHPA intends to fight them all the way and with your support we will prevail. The Association's work increases the number of birds consumed - a direct benefit to Virginia breeders and growers.